Forecast Analyst (Tacoma, WA)
Fast growing, Premium Car Care brand is looking for a Forecast Analyst to join their team. The Forecast Analyst will come from a retail/consumer products background and have a strong understanding of the CPG industry, as well as experience with forecast analysis and maintenance. The Forecast Analyst role will also be heavily Excel based, and therefore expert Excel skills are required.
Griot's Garage is the leader in providing complete car care solutions for the car care perfectionist. We have a strong commitment to providing the best service and most complete expertise to our customers, and we want you to come Have Fun In Our Garage.
- Using sales data, and marketing input to generate and analyze a sales forecast used to drive materials planning and supply chain.
- Analysis of planning system data to recommend process improvements and to assist in the validation and implementation of application and process upgrades.
- Design metrics and prepare reports to monitor forecast accurately and analyze all sales trends.
- Provide ad hoc forecasts, sales and prepare archive reports as requested to assist management decisions.
- Analyze monthly forecast in Griot's systems and safety stock in aggregate by both pieces and dollars.
- Make adjustments to the forecast and safety stock in a timely manner using the most effective method.
- Initiate further analysis and recommendations on forecast and safety stock anomalies and integrate market intelligence into the forecast.
- Continuously look for ways to benchmark and improve processes through analysis of methods and models.
- Measure forecast accuracy and identify areas for improvement.
- Contribute to quarterly consensus meetings with Marketing and Operations.
- Assist to prepare inventory reduction initiatives for assigned product lines and rationalization process for product lines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong system skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel to be able to create complex spreadsheets and piece together data from various systems quickly.
- Demonstrated interest in understanding the customer, customer behavior and a desire to analyze data to extract insight.
- Works very effectively in a cross-functional team environment, as team member or leader; proven team building skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must have strong sense of urgency, high energy, and self-motivation; able to work independently.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience (business or Supply Chain preferred).
- Minimum 3 years working in Forecasting and / or Operational Planning in a CPG manufacturing environment required.
- Experience in the automotive surface care industry, working with both retail and non-retail channels, a big plus.
- A competitive hourly wage (DOE)
- Co-pay Medical
- Co-pay Dental
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacation days + holiday pay
- Employee discount plan
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
Please familiarize yourself with Griot's Garage by looking at our company profile.
Griot's Garage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug and Tobacco Free Employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to:
Garage, Inc./Human Resources
Re: Forecast Analyst
3333 South 38th St
Tacoma, WA 98409
or e-mail it to: