Retail Store Customer Service Associate (Tacoma, WA)
What gets your motor running? Is it providing the best customer service to a group of highly passionate customers? Maybe it's the opportunity to work for a company that actually pays you to talk about cars and car care products all day? Perhaps it's the opportunity to work in an iconic, historic building surrounded by vintage race cars, motorcycles and unique pieces of automotive history? Or could it be working with an entire team of like-minded enthusiasts and perfectionists?
Griot's Garage is the leader in providing complete car care solutions for the car care perfectionist. We have a strong commitment to providing the best service and most complete expertise to our customers, and we want you to come Have Fun In Our Garage.
We are currently hiring for part-time Retail Store Customer Service Representatives with full-time potential. This position is entrusted with handling customer facing sales with some of the greatest customers. The best candidates will have a sharp mind, eagerness to learn, a strong passion and enthusiasm for anything automotive and a strong desire to take care of the customer at every opportunity. We are looking for a self-motivated, goal oriented professional who thrives in a fun sales environment. We are committed to providing our customers with the best possible service and will only consider candidates who are willing to do the same day in and day out. We are also passionate about everything automotive so having a similar mindset will be a strong benefit.
- Handle customer facing sales
- Capturing proper customer information
- Cross-selling additional related products
- Fielding technical product and process inquiries
- Maintain and uphold the highest levels of customer service without exception
- Attend and work on-site and off-site tech sessions and auto shows
- Standard retail maintenance to include restocking product and basic housekeeping tasks
- Process in-store returns
- Able to lift 75 plus pounds
- Shipping and receiving
- General up keep and maintenance of grounds
- General maintenance of stockroom
- Aggressive, motivated, self-starter who is passionate about their work, our customers and everything automotive
- 2-3 years retail sales and customer service experience preferred
- Flexibility with work schedule to include Saturday and Sunday shifts
- Is willing to build a long-term relationship with the customers
- Is willing to build a long-term relationship with our company
- Deal directly with customers to an equally exceptional standard by telephone or face to face
- Strong oral communication skills; able to have a well-structured conversation at every level
- Ability to build rapport, qualify, present, and build value for sales opportunities
- Ability to type 30-40 wpm with excellent spelling and grammar
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills; able to manage multiple tasks successfully
- Strong Microsoft Office Application Knowledge
- Ability to perform well in a constantly changing environment; actively seeking new roles as needed within a customer centric work environment
- Ability to understand new technologies and software for sales tracking
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- The ability to "Strive for perfection in everything, take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." -Sir Henry Royce
- A willingness to Have Fun In Your Garage!
- A competitive hourly wage (DOE) with excellent performance based incentives
- Co-pay Medical
- Co-pay Dental
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacation days + holiday pay
- Employee discount plan
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
* Due to the high volume of responses, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted. *
Please familiarize yourself with Griot's Garage by looking at our company profile.
Griot's Garage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug and Tobacco Free Employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to:
Garage, Inc./Human Resources
Re: Retail Store Customer Service Associate
3333 South 38th St
Tacoma, WA 98409
or e-mail it to: