Account Receivable Specialist (Tacoma, WA)
Griot's Garage continues to grow. If you would like to be part of a winning team, are an avid automotive enthusiast and strive for perfection in your career choice, let us know. We look forward to hearing about your talents.
The Accounts Receivable, Credit and Collections Specialist is responsible for working within and maintaining established accounting principles, practices, and procedures to account for funds owed and paid to the company. This position requires high levels of attention to details, ensuring that invoices and cash receipts are recorded in an accurate and timely manner. The Accounts Receivable, Credit and Collections Specialist must possess strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal, as this position will require steady communication with parties both internal and external to the company.
- Generate and send out invoices via mail, email, or via customers established portal.
- Process customer credit card payments.
- Deposit all checks via remote deposit desk scanner.
- Apply all payments to applicable customer invoices.
- Review accounts for adjustments, small balance write offs, and credit memo processing as needed.
- Resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
- Maintain cash receipts spreadsheet.
- Work with Accounts Payable to ensure customer refunds are distributed timely.
- Create and maintain customer files.
- Review customer credit application for completeness.
- Communicate with internal sales associates to establish the estimated credit limit.
- Communicate with customer references to assist in establishing credit worthiness.
- Provide completed credit file to management for review and credit granting.
- Setup new customer in our ERP System, with all pertinent information.
- Review customer aging reports for delinquency.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining timely payments on customer accounts.
- Provide customer service via phone or email regarding collection issues.
- Keep diligent records of customer conversations relating to collection issues.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and management when necessary to assist in the collection process.
- Aggressive, motivated, self-starter who is passionate about their work, our customers and everything automotive.
- 1-3 years Accounts Receivable experience preferred.
- 2 or 4 year degree preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and good organization skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Application Knowledge.
- A willingness to Have Fun in Your Garage!
- A competitive wage (DOE)
- Co-pay Medical
- Co-pay Dental
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacation days + holiday pay
- Employee discount plan
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
Please familiarize yourself with Griot's Garage by looking at our company profile.
Griot's Garage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug and Tobacco Free Employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to:
Garage, Inc./Human Resources
Re: Accounts Receivable Specialist
3333 South 38th St
Tacoma, WA 98409
or e-mail it to: