Web / Content Designer (Tacoma, WA)
Griot's Garage is the leader in providing complete car care solutions for the car care perfectionist. We have a strong commitment to providing the best service and most complete expertise to our customers, and we want you to come Have Fun in Our Garage! At Griot's Garage you will work in a fun, fast-paced environment and you will be immersed in automotive culture and surrounded by the coolest cars, trucks, and motorcycles imaginable. Every day.
We are growing fast and as a result, looking for a Web/Content Designer to join our in-house creative team. The ideal candidate will have the ability to contribute in creating visually captivating design solutions that stay on- brand and maintain style consistency throughout projects. The Designer must be able to produce exceptional results while staying up-to-date with and understanding of design best practices and industry trends.
- Be a great storyteller -fluidly translate a concept throughout all marketing assets a customer may interact with. Develop customer-targeted designs and concepts with consideration for the target audience.
- Design, produce, and code compelling emails, social media campaigns, digital ads (static and animated), web assets and other digital marketing materials as needed.
- Take marketing campaigns already generated and translate them to digital marketing channels.
- Keep abreast of current technology, innovative design tools, and industry best practices.
- Clearly communicate and request photo and/or video needs from in-house photographer and videographer.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas in a fast-changing retail business, while maintaining brand consistency.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
- Expert knowledge of front-end web coding (HTML, CSS)
- HTML 5 animation experience preferred
- Must be familiar with industry standards in web, email, and responsive design
- Photo manipulation/ editing skills
- Bachelors of Fine Arts or related discipline from an accredited graphic design program
- 3+ years of design experience in a corporate environment
- Expert web/ email design and production skills
- Experience with content marketing and social media engagement
- Experience designing for mobile and tablet devices
- Fluency in best practices for web, mobile and tablet design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Demonstrates a positive can-do attitude and maintains enthusiasm and team player approach
- Prior experience in print and / or packaging a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Candidate may be asked to produce a sample of work for Griot's Garage
- A competitive wage (DOE)
- Co-pay Medical
- Co-pay Dental
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacation days + holiday pay
- Employee discount plan
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
Please familiarize yourself with Griot's Garage by looking at our company profile.
Griot's Garage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug and Tobacco Free Employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to:
Garage, Inc./Human Resources
Re: Web / Content Designer
3333 South 38th St
Tacoma, WA 98409
or e-mail it to: